Careers at Containerchain
Be part of a company that’s transforming one of the world’s most vital industries
Our Culture and Core Values
CHALLENGE THE STATUS QUO
Our success is built on curiosity. Those that ask questions, challenge assumptions, and act fearlessly are welcome here.
HARNESS YOUR PASSION
We’ve got the opportunity if you’ve got the drive. It’s all about sharing knowledge, striving for excellence, and commitment to teamwork.
ACHIEVEMENT WITH CONVICTION
We respect and care for each other, our customers, and partners - because doing the right thing never goes out of style. Humility and good humour are also key.
INNOVATE TO SOLVE
Those that seek, find. We encourage experimentation, collaboration, calculated risks, unexpected discoveries and lateral thinking.
NEVER STOP LEARNING
There’s no end to what we can learn from each other. We provide opportunities to succeed and we celebrate those successes together. A rising tide lifts all boats.
“I feel I have the freedom to be myself, which is refreshing.”Achintha Kuruwita Technical Lead, Melbourne
I enjoy every part of my day from the new working environment to leading a highly capable team of software developers delivering quality technology solutions. I’ve worked on many interesting projects during my time and every engagement has a different perspective and unique challenges. It’s very rewarding to receive feedback from a customer that our solutions have made their life easier.
“There are a lot of opportunities here for myself and others to further develop our skills”Nicole Chin Business Relationship Manager, Singapore
During my time at Containerchain my role has continued to evolve allowing me to both utilise and further develop my skills and industry knowledge. I really enjoy gaining a better understanding of a customer’s operations. By effectively mapping their business processes I can find ways to optimise their productivity and potential using our solutions.
Application Support Specialist - Melbourne
Who we are
Containerchain specialises in providing software solutions and operational advice to the container logistics industry. We're a leader within this industry, providing brand-new solutions and ideas that increase the efficiency of ports, shipping and freight logistics. We have an entrepreneurial spirit, audacious goals, strategies to achieve them, a solid revenue base and a growing team. To be successful in this environment, individuals need to embrace rapid change, tolerate the legacy past that has accompanied rapid growth, while accepting the desire and vision to transform our software offering into world class solutions.
As a result of the growth of our business, we are now seeking an experienced .Net Developer to join our rapidly expanding team.
What is the role?
Working within the technical support team you will be responsible for managing and resolving customer technical issues. Hands-on investigation, coordination and communication between our first line business support representatives, technical support and our internal development teams is a key responsibility. This role requires experience across a broad range of technologies, quick thinking and desire to learn new technologies and an ability to bridge the gap between business and technology.
You will play an integral part in continuing the evolution of our approach to supporting Containerchain's applications and services as they grow in function and customer base. We are looking for a person who is willing to contribute fresh ideas, move fast and take ownership of processes and outcomes.
This role supports clients across the globe and as such works within a 24/7 rotating shift roster. You should be comfortable working independently and have the flexibility to work early or late shifts.
- Ensure the quality and success of all services delivered to our customers
- Take responsibility for resolving customer incidents and problems
- Conduct platform and product upgrades to customers and evolve to a continuous deployment model
- Interface with development teams to build quality applications and decrease incident rates
- Appropriately balance Agile, ITIL and continuous improvement methodologies
- Direct customer interaction and second/third level technical incident response and management.
- Worked with-in ITIL and Agile methodologies to support custom-developed applications on a .Net Platform.
- Solid understanding of the Microsoft stack for application and web delivery – in particular, Remote Desktop, IIS and Web Services
- Technology skills (VB6, .Net, MS SQL Server) - in particular, the ability to understand how these platforms are architected to create solutions and identification of issues based upon user description
- Experience with technical infrastructure design, config and management – in particular, high availability/business critical cloud environments
- Solid understanding of desktop applications support and development
- ITIL accreditation
- Zendesk experience
- DevOps or web development background
What's on Offer?
This is an exciting opportunity offering a very competitive salary and room to grow in the future. We're a growing company looking for exceptional talent to help guide us in delivering on our company strategy.