Careers at Containerchain
Be part of a company that’s transforming one of the world’s most vital industries
Our Culture and Core Values
CHALLENGE THE STATUS QUO
Our success is built on curiosity. Those that ask questions, challenge assumptions, and act fearlessly are welcome here.
HARNESS YOUR PASSION
We’ve got the opportunity if you’ve got the drive. It’s all about sharing knowledge, striving for excellence, and commitment to teamwork.
ACHIEVEMENT WITH CONVICTION
We respect and care for each other, our customers, and partners - because doing the right thing never goes out of style. Humility and good humour are also key.
INNOVATE TO SOLVE
Those that seek, find. We encourage experimentation, collaboration, calculated risks, unexpected discoveries and lateral thinking.
NEVER STOP LEARNING
There’s no end to what we can learn from each other. We provide opportunities to succeed and we celebrate those successes together. A rising tide lifts all boats.
“I feel I have the freedom to be myself, which is refreshing.”Achintha Kuruwita Technical Lead, Melbourne
I enjoy every part of my day from the new working environment to leading a highly capable team of software developers delivering quality technology solutions. I’ve worked on many interesting projects during my time and every engagement has a different perspective and unique challenges. It’s very rewarding to receive feedback from a customer that our solutions have made their life easier.
“There are a lot of opportunities here for myself and others to further develop our skills”Nicole Chin Business Relationship Manager, Singapore
During my time at Containerchain my role has continued to evolve allowing me to both utilise and further develop my skills and industry knowledge. I really enjoy gaining a better understanding of a customer’s operations. By effectively mapping their business processes I can find ways to optimise their productivity and potential using our solutions.
Financial Accountant - Melbourne
Who we are
Containerchain is a successful and growing software company that has ambitious international expansion plans. We are a leader in our industry, providing solutions and ideas that increase the efficiency of ports, shipping and freight logistics.
To ensure the success of our growth plans, there is an opportunity for a Financial Accountant to join our team on a 14-month fixed term basis (maternity leave coverage) commencing in March 2019.
As a Financial Accountant, you will have accounting responsibility for assigned group entities as well as assisting with group accounting, control and reporting.
Specifically, your work and responsibilities will include:
- Preparation and delivery of accurate individual entity and/or divisional monthly, quarterly, half yearly and annual financial reporting on a timely basis.
- Assisting in the preparation and delivery of accurate consolidated monthly, quarterly, half yearly and annual financial reporting on a timely basis – profit and loss, balance sheet and statement of cashflows.
- Preparation and delivery of monthly reconciliations of balance sheet and key profit and loss accounts.
- Preparation of intercompany group recharges, intercompany IP license charges and other inter-entity charges.
- Preparation and delivery of entity 12-week rolling cashflow forecasts.
- Ensuring that supplier invoice payments are made on terms and customer receivables are proactively managed.
- Maintaining employee records and accurate processing of payroll and associated payroll compliance payments and lodgements.
- Proactively assist the Group Financial Controller in identifying risks, implementing financial policies and controls across the business.
- Assist the Group Financial Controller in drafting accounting position papers for significant transactions and balances as well as changes in accounting standards or other applicable regulations.
As this role is an important team member in delivering a quality financial service, the successful candidate must be able to readily demonstrate:
- 5 years post qualification experience, with at least 3 years in similar position.
- Degree in accounting or other relevant business discipline.
- CA/CPA/ACCA (or equivalent professional qualification).
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel (Intermediate to advanced).
- Experience working with Australian corporate, indirect and employment taxes.
- Experience working in an ERP environment. (NetSuite preferred).
- Strong IFRS/AASB reporting experience in an Australian corporate environment.
- Experience in an SME organisation is preferred but not essential.
- Mid-level experience in working with external auditors including dealing with technical accounting concepts, accounting positions, and audit processes
What’s on Offer
If you want to be part of this exciting journey with Containerchain and this position sounds like a role you can't resist, apply today.